Midi Rings

Last winter the internet was packed with midi rings. You know, those little cute rings that sit right above your knuckle...adorable!! I was looking everywhere for them but never found some cheap ones. And I couldn't buy some gold ones because I tend to loose every ring I wear, especially if it's so tiny. So I'm quite embarrassed to admit, but after 6 months I realised I can make some myself. And not just some, but hundreds.


Here is what you need:


The steps are quite easy to follow and it takes 2 - 5 minutes to complete a ring.


1. take an object that's the size of your finger - more precise, the size of the part of the finger where you want your ring to sit - and wrap the wire around it one time
2. cut both strands of wire in the same place
3. now you've got something like a jump ring; you can leave it like that for a simple ring
4. or go further and add a small gold bead; add a very small amount of superglue on the wire ends and slide the bead over them to cover opening


So cute, right? I need to buy more wire 'cause I can't stop making these.

Love,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover