Beaded Fringe

I'm sorry for my absence last week, but I had a long vacation around the country, spending the Easter Holiday with our families. And although I had tons of relaxation, I missed DIY-ing, so here I am with new summer tutorials.


I got inspired for these shorts by Bershka's summer collection. I found these in a shop but I thought they were too expensive for something I can do myself.


So I grabbed my newly cut shorts and all the supplies, which are just two things actually, and got to work.


1. First take a pair of jeans shorts or make one yourself. Just cut some old jeans. Then thread the needle and using the side seams for guidance insert the needle at the top of the seam, right below waistline
2. Than pick up on the needle the bead combo. I used white, yellow and gold, arranging them in an ombre effect, but of course you can choose any colors you want. Insert the needle through the beads again, except the first one which will be used as a stopper.
3. Again, using the side seam as a guideline, pull the needle all the way through the fabric until the beads reach the jeans
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you cover the whole side seam

And now just shake it!


Love,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover